Strawberries and chocolate are a classic combination, and these brownies are a delicious treat.
4 sliced strawberries
3 large eggs
100g unsweetened cocoa powder
100g all-purpose flour
80g strawberry jam
375g granulated sugar
255g roughly chopped chocolate, divided
11/2tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in the microwave or a saucepan before adding cocoa powder and stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract, salt, eggs and sugar. Add flour and stir until mixed to make a stiff batter.
- Stir in all the chopped chocolate apart from half a cup and spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Place dollops of strawberry jam on top of the batter and use a butter knife or skewer to mix the jam slightly, creating a marbled effect. Scatter reserved chocolate onto the batter.
- Hull and slice the strawberries thinly to create heart-shaped slices and scatter over the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until edges are firm. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before removing and slicing into squares.