Coating fish with macadamia nuts turns a weeknight meal into a real treat.
4 firm white fish fillets
190g crushed macadamia nuts
1tbps chopped fresh dill
300g baby spinach
1tbsp olive oil
1 crushed garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Zest the lemon and cut it in half and remove the seeds before reducing.
- Mix together crushed macadamia nuts, lemon zest, garlic, dill and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish on the baking tray and divide macadamia nut mixture between the fillets, pressing down firmly to make sure they are coated.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork in its thickest part.
- While the fish is baking, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice and spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until spinach wilts.
- Divide spinach between four plates and top with the fish.