Your whole family will love this recipe, which is topped with tasty cheddar cheese.
200g shredded barbecued chicken
1.1kg peeled and thinly sliced sweet potatoes
125ml cooking cream
300ml Crème Fraiche
2 chopped green shallots
1tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
2 crushed cloves garlic
105g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. In a large microwaveable bowl, place 60 ml water and the sweet potato slices. Microwave on high for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain potato and set aside.
- Mix together the cooking cream, crème fraiche, tarragon and garlic and season.
- Lightly grease an oven-proof dish approximately 20 x 30cm and 6cm-high.
- Begin layering the chicken, shallots, sweet potato and 80 g of the cheese, pouring some of the cream mixture in between each layer.
- Finish with a final layer of cream and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and leave for 10 minutes before serving.